Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Going Back to Cali and other Random Nonsense

Good morning my fellow Americans,

I'm in Kigali with only two days remaining on this unbelievable trip, and have reached a point where Mutzig no longer has any effect upon me.  Really?  I think today's topics will be random things I've experienced in the past few days.

So, the water situation is the same:  Little pressure and no hot water.  I have to say that I've come quite accustomed to my early morning shower aerobics routine, and don't think I'll know what to do when I get home.  I'm sure I'll cope.

Mosquitoes:  When encountering mosquitoes, one should be careful to note the time of day.  dawn and dusk equal Malaria, and any other time equals Dengue fever.  Or they are disease free and just an annoyance.  Also, remember that if you do decide to squash one, don't use your hand;  I had the misfortune of doing this, only to find that the end result was my palm being completely covered in blood.  Awesome, I know.  Swearing ensued.

James Bond movies dubbed in French:  Completely Awesome.  Even though my knowledge of French is limited, James Bond (and his lady friends) still rocks.  Chauvanism is so easy to understand.

African Music videos:  These are also awesome.  I watched yesterday by a white South African rapper whose theme was that he loved college.  Quite an amazing piece of art if I do say so myself.  And I do.

Nigerian Soaps:  I know I'm starting to sound a little redundant, but these are awesome as well.  I think I may have mentioned these earlier.  Whatever the case, I have found that there are few things better than a Mutzig and terrible acting after a long day of "work."

This may be one of the worst entries I've written, but at this point, I'm so tired that I really don't even care.  If I like you, I'm sure I'll do a better job telling stories to you when I get back to the States.  Until then, Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment