Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rwamagana

I arrived in Rwamagana yesterday afternoon (7/13) after being in the car for around six hours or so. This was the second day of traveling 6 plus hours to different destinations, so you can imagine how happy I was when we arrived (we will be here for the next 10 days).

Rwamagana is pretty rural, so it is extremely quiet, and has fewer people (fewer in the sense that you can walk without being right next to someone all the time). I think its going to be a good next 10 days of project work, reading, and drinking banana beer. So it should be good.

As a note/update on my previous entry, on the 4th day in Butare, my shower situation did indeed revert back to an earlier stage of cold water from the faucet. Whatever. I was still about 70% clean when I finished, and there were no signs of stroke or aneurism [spelling] from the shock of the water temp, so I had that going for me.

Not much else to report, oh wait, that's not true. I was awoken by a rooster crowing at 4:30am (that I plan to kill tomorrow morning-and perhaps eat while I laugh about my victory), and I think that I may have drank some "bad" water. I'll keep you updated, but as well as I know my body, I think there may be troubling times ahead. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris,
    Crazy Karl here, I hope all is well as it is here on the home front. I must admit that this is the first time that I have checked out your blog, it is wonderful. I can only imagine what you are seeing and experiencing there. It reminds me of when Kaite went over to India and the culture shock she experienced when she came home. Not so much when she was there, rather when she was concious of just how frugil we americans are. We will diffenitly have to talk over some beers when you get back.

    I briefly spoke with Jen last week Thurs. after our softball game, (by the way, it was our worst performance yet of the past two years)she mentioned how you have about 10 - 20 kiddies you want to adapt. Take it easy Madonna, you will have your chance at your own...then re-think!

    anywho, take care and the next time you are squating, recall my performance at the golf outing.

    later!

    ReplyDelete